Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Totes Wasted

Well it's been another rollercoaster week. My three days at school passed pretty harmlessly. There is so much about being a teacher that I really enjoy. It's just a shame that the gooey goodness is coated in so much horseshit.

I went to see the awesome Wasted on Tuesday night. I won't spoil it by trying to describe it but if you get a chance to see it on this tour then do yourself a favour and go. It is flipping awesome. The night was topped of by a trip to the pub with the playwright herself Kate Tempest. She was incredibly cool and really nice in the way that you hope the people you look up to will be before you get a chance to meet them.

I have my first REP Foundry night is tomorrow night and I am doing a spoken word piece that has evolved out of a shorter piece that I have done before as a comedian. If I'm honest, I'm really nervous. I've got quite comfortable with being a stand up. You sort of show up and talk about whatever it is you've written or overheard on the train that week and people laugh at you. They shake your hand and occasionally they buy you a drink.

This theatre lark seems a bit different. For a start, you don't have to be funny. You can be serious and quiet and, well, whatever you want to be really.

That's the problem at the moment... I'm not really sure what I'd like to be.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment